The latest market report published by Acute Market Reports “Global Anti-Hypertensive Drugs Market – Growth, Share, Opportunities, Competitive Analysis, and Forecast, 2016 – 2023,” the global anti-hypertensive drugs market was valued at USD 32,214.3 Mn in 2015, and is expected to reach USD 34,925.7 Mn by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of 1.2% from 2016 to 2023.
Browse the full report Global Anti-Hypertensive Drugs Market – Growth, Share, Opportunities, Competitive Analysis, and Forecast, 2016 – 2023 report at https://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/anti-hypertensive-drugs-market
Hypertension is commonly observed chronic condition, in which the blood pressure is elevated abnormally both systolic and diastolic. This is major risk factor for causing cardiovascular, renal or endocrine disorder. The normal blood pressure level is 120-140mm Hg systolic and 60-90mm Hg diastolic any elevation above it is considered as hypertension. The major reason for the rise in prevalence of hypertension is lifestyle change, unhealthy food habits and demographic ageing. Anti-hypertensive drugs are used to reduce the level of blood pressure, different drug class of drugs with different mechanism of action exist in the market. The antihypertensive market is growing with increased patient pool especially geriatric population and extensive research and development for novel pipeline drug. The global antihypertensive market show robust growth in forecast period, but it face threat of genericization and increased competition due to patent expiry.
Anti-Hypertensive are categorized by drug class type as Diuretics, Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, Beta blockers, Alpha blockers, Calcium channel blockers, Renin inhibitors and Vasodilators. ACE inhibitor occupies the largest market share in terms of value due to mechanism of action and is preferred in geriatric population and diabetes patient as first line of treatment as antihypertensive drug. Beta blockers follow next in line due to preference of physician over diuretic, which are most commonly used.
Based on the drug class type, the global Anti-hypertensive drugs market is segmented as follows:
- ACE inhibitors
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Beta – Adrenergic blocker
- Alpha – Adrenergic blocker
- Central Sympatholyics
- Renin inhibitors
As of the current market scenario, North America is the largest regional market for anti-hypertensive drugs market, followed by the Europe and Asia Pacific. The major factors driving the North America rise in prevalence of hypertension and other associated chronic disease especially in geriatric population, novel drugs in pipeline and upcoming use of combination therapies. Europe major market contributor are UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain due to factors such as increase in prevalence of hypertension and unmet need for treatment of chronic disease, health care program planning and expenditure. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market due to rise population and incidence of chronic diseases due to alteration in lifestyle changes; and health care infrastructure and government expenditure. Thus developed market dominates the antihypertensive drugs market, with developing economies booming at fast rate.
Market Competition Assessment:
Key players in the global Anti-Hypertensive drugs market are
Novartis AG, Astra Zeneca, Pfizer Inc., Acetelion Ltd, Sanofi S.A., Merck & Co., Boehringer Ingelheim, Lupin Limited, Johnson & Johnson Ltd., Astra Zeneca Plc, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited and Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceutical, Bayer AG etc.
Key Market Movements:
- Rising prevalence of hypertension due to various factors such as growing population, change in unhealthy lifestyle etc.
- Extensive R&D for new treatment regimen and new drug approval in pipeline
- Evolving use of combination therapy to lower the blood pressure and decrease in adverse effect
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the current market trends and dynamics in the anti hypertensive drugs market and valuable opportunities for emerging players?
- Estimated forecast and market projections up to 2029
- Which segment accounts for the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which is the largest regional market for anti hypertensive drugs?
- What is the market trend and dynamics in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- The worldwide market value of the anti hypertensive drugs market in 2019 and 2020
- Which are the key trends driving the global anti hypertensive drugs market growth?
- Who are the leading service providers in the anti hypertensive drugs market worldwide?
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives.